I’m writing this blog post, sitting on a PeterPan bus to Philly from New York. Today Jay, Syer and I did a super dope, entertaining, motivational, funny interview for our podcast (The Officially Street Podcast) with Elle Jones. She’s an entrepreneur with her own clothing line (The Prettiest Plug) and media company (Elle Jones Media). In our 1 hour together we spoke about SO much, but what stuck out to me the most was her Survivor Story. She briefly told us about how during her freshman year of college she tried to commit suicide and had to spend two weeks in the hospital. During her stay she said that the word investment kept coming to her, and shortly after she started a company selling hair. She explained how the situation she was in made her realize that she is supposed to be here, and do great things.
Her story made me reflect on my own life. Especially about the past year and a half. I have been through hell and back, twice (surgery & radiation therapy)! Yet I am still tweeting that I love my life, and I genuinely, sincerely, whole heartedly do. Even though food now sticks to my teeth (so I need floss on deck), or goes up my nose. Even though when I eat hot wings or anything spicy I start crying. Even though I can’t eat nuts or pretzels because they poke me. Even though I’m super self conscious about dating (because who wants to date someone with a hole in their head, missing teeth, and gums???), I LOVE MY LIFE.
We all go through things that put us down. But it is our responsibility (no one else’s) to get back up and come back at full force. I always think to myself that it wasn’t too long ago that at one point I didn’t want to speak because it hurt SO bad, and now our podcast is almost 200 episodes in. Ya girl has been chattin’ okaaaaayyyy! I bring up the podcast because right now it’s the best, most fun part of my life. And sometimes when I want to humble myself I listen back to the first episode, when I came back from surgery. To listen to where I came from and then see where I’m at now.... where was I going with this? IDK, but back to loving your life. Yeah, I think it is so important to be in love with your life. And it’s so easy to do!
1. Be Grateful - be grateful for the things that you have. That you woke up this morning. That you have food to eat. That you have a trip or two booked. That you didn’t have to spend money today. That you’re reading this blog post. It’s really the little things that count. Be grateful and acknowledge your gratefulness for them (you don’t have to acknowledge them to anyone, yourself will do).
2. Do Something Different - we wake up everyday, we go to work, Friday comes we go out, we spend the day Saturday running errands, then Sunday we’re getting ready for the week. Mix it up a little bit. Take a day (or night) trip to the next closest city to you. Go to a restaurant and order something you wouldn’t normally order. The thing for me (besides podcast stuff) is my softball league. We play badly but it’s so fun and its my little bit of different each week.
3. Protect Your Energy - I know it may sound sooo cliche and everybody these days goes on and on about energy, but it’s a thing! If someone is bringing you negative energy let them know and If they aren’t fixing it, let them go. It doesn’t even have to be negative energy, if there’s an energy you don’t like, dismiss it. If there is a reason you are constantly putting out negative energy, identify the source and fix it. Your energy and the energy around you is super important to your happiness and living your best joyful life.
4. Put Out What You Want to Get Back - it’s really that simple. What you put into the universe is what you’re going to get back. If you want to be happy, put that into the universe. If you want to lose weight, speak it to existence. If you want to be a boss, put it out there! Ladies listen up real quick. IF YOU KEEP SAYING MEN ARE TRASH, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE TRASH BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING INTO THE UNIVERSE.
5. Drink Water - idk where science says it but I’m pretty sure being hydrated can help your mind, body, and soul 100%
Being in love with yourself and your life is so important to manifesting your happiness. If you aren’t in love or not as in love as you want to be, I challenge you to start slowly with these tips.
It’s been a few months since my last post, and I’ve thought about what I’m going to write next, damn near every day. It’s been hard for me because this is supposed to be a cancer survival blog. I’m supposed to be writing about cancer stuff but honestly, nothing has been going on. I get my obturator adjusted then life goes on. BOOM! And there it is folks. Life. Goes. On. I may think about all that I was put through but I never harp on it. I may bring it up often, but I’m not letting it hold me back. I have moved on with no malice toward my cancer. I say that to say this, I definitely want to keep my blog. The content will be just a little different. Instead of a lot of cancer with a little motivation, I’ll be big motivational, with a dash of cancer.
1. the emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles which cause ionization.
* the energy transmitted by radiation, as heat, light, electricity, etc.
2. divergence out from a central point, in particular evolution from an ancestral animal or plant group into a variety of new forms.
From this post forward, when you see From Radio to Radiation I don’t want you to think of me going from being on the radio to having to go through radiation therapy. When you see From Radio to Radiation I want you to think of these posts as protruding good energy & being a light and motivation. Generally I’m a pretty happy person and I’ve always been that way. I just want everyone to be happy and to live their lives to the absolute fullest. So I guess my new goal for this blog is to help people do just that💕